From sometime I was getting the following Redemption Helper Outlook Extension error. That was very annoying, whatever I do, it was coming back.
There is nothing to uninstall or anything like that. I searched for 3-4 days on the Internet but everywhere it explains the error but nowhere I could find the solution. Finally today, I got the fix when I read error wordings and figured that it was something related to Memeo AutoBackup. I searched for Memeo and on their forum this error was listed under ‘Redemption.dll error’. It was nothing. Some add-on which might have expired was creating this problem.
- Open Outlook 2007.
- Go to Tools ->Trust Center ->Add ins.
- Select Manage -> Exchange Client Extensions, say Go.
- It will open the Add-on Manager.
- Deselect anything with Redemption.
- Say OK.
- Restart Outlook.
- The annoying error is gone.
All the annoyance is gone. Don’t forget to drop a comment here if you also found this post useful.