Conference calls are very essential activities in any business. When more than two parties want to discuss on any topic, we need a conference call. This is one of the most important activity any size of business need on a daily basis.
Question: Should hosting conference calls be any hard then? … Not at all.
Well, if it is a long process at your organization then you may want to look at the way you schedule conferences. Because it should not take more than few minutes to host a conference call.
FREECONFERENCE.com lets you host conference call with up to 150 participants for FREE. Yes, you read it right, for FREE.
Up to 150 participants can join the conference call which should accommodate almost any size of business. Personally I have never attended a call with these many participants. Up to 10 people is what most regular conferences need.
Anyway, whatever your need is, you can check out Freeconference.com and create an account for yourself.
How FREECONFERENCE works?
- Create an account by filling up a simple form to get started.
- As soon as your account is created, you are provided by a number and access code.
- This number and access code can be used to host an impromptu conference call whenever needed.
- Using the web interface, few extra details can be added and the meeting can be scheduled.
- By scheduling your meeting through web, the contact details can be added and the meeting invite is sent to all the participants. The invite has the call details, access code, time, subject and participants.
- Pre-schedule conferences:the participants are provided with a long-distance number with an access code to join the conference in their email invitation.
- Random reservation less Conferences:you will have to somehow provide your number and access code you got during registration to the participants. (That is only for impromptu meetings.)
- You may get 800 number for your conference and other premium features like Desktop sharing and call recording by paying a small fees.
FreeConference Sync Features:
- It works with Evernote to make it easy to remember your conference call discussions, before, during and after the call. Learn more about this feature here.
- Share with your friends and followers on Facebook and Twitter whenever you conduct a web-scheduled or reservation less conference.
- Automatically sync scheduled conference information to your Google Calendar.
- If you use Outlook, download the Outlook Add-in to easily schedule conference calls right from Outlook.
- Have a smartphone – Install FreeConference smartphone apps for iPhone, Android or Windows Phone 7 to start, schedule or join a conference with the apps. There are many other features these smartphone apps offer. (May be something I will highlight in a separate post.)
In my testing, I couldn’t ask for more for FREE. None of my participants had any complaints as well. You may want to check out yourself and let us know in comments if you use any other service for this purpose and how much it cost you set up a conference call. I am planning to use it for all my conference needs.