Updated Google Drive lets you scan documents and allows cloud printing on Android
Seems like Google has been on roll recently. Along with many updates discussed last week in Google+ and all, today Google Drive also get a refreshed look and some important features.
Google has updated the Android Drive app with a card like look and much more cleaner interface. This interface is kind of becoming standard for all official Google apps now a day. From a major update point of view – it adds document scanning capability and you can also print on any device supported by cloud printing. Today’s update brings following new features/changes:
- New grid view makes it easier to find your files
- New quick preview lets you view photos and other files from within the app
- Scan documents, receipts and letters for safe keeping in Drive using OCR technology
- Search by contents these documents once uploaded
- Download a copy of files to your local device
- Spreadsheet editor now supports changing fonts, colors and cell alignment
- View properties of files from within the editors
I must say though that the scanning feature didn’t quite work for me on Samsung Galaxy S3. It kept on showing the image in a compressed line towards right. No document. Hopefully, it gets fixed soon.
Download or update Google Drive from Google Play. Read more about these changes on Google Drive Blog.
[…] I said in my previous post – Google is on the roll these days. Major UI overhaul but consistent interface throughout in all Google apps, that’s the theme […]