Google+ Mobile app adds photo editing and other improvements
Google announced a major update to its Google+ mobile app today for iOS and Android. It brings many new features including photo editing.
Photo editing is made possible using Snapseed, a company Google acquired in September last year. New photo editing features enable users to edit photos with cropping, rotation, adjusting saturation, contrast, brightness and many more filters.
“What’s New” in Google+ Mobile App?
- New stream design (including comment previews and swiping through photo albums inline)
- Control the volume of posts that you see in your stream from individual circles/communities
- New app setup flow
- Filter search results by best or most recent
- Tell others about a community (by sharing it or sending an invitation)
- Re-share posts to communities
- Share your current location on your profile and control who can see it via G+ settings
Hit Google Play on your devices to download the update. Get the full details about this update on Google+ Blog here.
What do you think about this update?
[Update: The photo editing feature is surprisingly not available in Android app yet. For that you would use the Snapseed app to directly share on Google+. This feature is available on iOS only. Bummer…right!!! I know.]
[via Android Authority]