Start Dad’s Day with Sliced Baked Potato Chaat [Recipe]
Don’t worry, there is nothing technical in this article. Once in a while you should learn how to make mouth-watering dishes.
On Dad’s day, try this cooking tip, and surprise him with something he has never seen. Today I am going to introduce you to my recipe to make an Indian Style – Sliced Baked Potato Chaat.
Essentially to make something like this, you don’t need many ingredients, however you need at least an hour. This is because baking potatoes takes a long time.
Well, without further ado, here is what you need:
- Potatoes – Based on taste, but at least 1 per person.
- Tomatoes – 1 per person.
- Green Chili – You don’t necessary need it, but if you like spicy stuff, then couple of small green chilies will add great flavor.
- Cilantro – 8-10 leaves.
- First peel off potatoes.
- Carefully slice potatoes in chips like small layers. The trick here is not to cut the slices all the way through, just cut up to 80% and leave it there.
- Similarly, you may chop tomatoes into small pieces or keep them in big pieces, whatever you prefer.
- Preheat oven at 385°F.
- Put the potatoes on an aluminium foil and spray olive oil on these.
- Sprinkle some salt on these, the oil will make the salt stick to these.
- Now, bake potatoes for an hour or until brown in the oven.
- Turn them once so that they are brown from everywhere.
- Once the potatoes look brownish, remove them from the oven.
- Now you can add some Chaat ka masala, and serve it with tomatoes and chilli.
- To improve the taste, serve it with green chilli and green Chatni (or hot sauce).
[quote]Special tip : Eat it while it is hot. Crispy potatoes always taste better.[/quote]
Share you experience with me and let me know if you have any suggestion to improve it.