Readability app comes to Android but not through Google Play [Updated]
For those of you who know and use Readability should be happy to know that Readability Android app is now available.
Surprisingly it is not available through Google Play (former Android Market), however it is launched on Amazon App Store exclusively in US. If you are outside US, you can get it from Google Play though. [Update – 03/19/2012] Now it is available through Google Play too.
What is Readability? Why do I care?
Readability is a platform that provides you a simple yet smart, consistent yet customizable reading experience on the web and mobile devices. It converts the pages for easy reading by turning off unnecessary scripts, ads and other images.
Once you start using Readability, it is hard to stop using it. It loads pages faster within the app and lets you customize the experience.
Till yesterday, Readability was only available on either web as a Browser plug-in or on iPhone. But now it is available on Android too. To download the app in US, you would have to download Readability from Amazon App Store.
If you are outside US OR you can get it from Google Play.
“Readability” Feature Highlights:
- Once you have created an account on Readability, you can save any web page on the web to your Android device for reading anytime, anywhere.
- Since the account is synced with your online account, so anything you add to your account from any device or browser will be instantly available everywhere.
- Readability app includes a browser within the app, so you will never leave the app while reading the web page.
- You can archive, delete or add as favorite the links added to Readability by swiping to the right.
- When you open the link added to your Readability app, you see a clutter or distraction free view of the web page. At the top of every reading article, there is also a link that will take you to the original web view if you want.
- Within the app, you can change the font style, text size and light or dark background based on your preference.
- You can also share what you are reading by linking your Twitter and Facebook accounts to Readability.
For complete details with various other screen shots, check out this post on Readability blog.
One thing I can tell you that since I started using Readability, I have become addicted to it because of it’s magic to create a clutter free reading experience.
Check it out yourself and let me know how you find it.