7 Shopping related apps for Android you should definitely try
Smartphones give you the ability to do smart things. One such smart thing is to check for the cheapest price of an item before you purchase it in store.
One smart use was that at Kirkland my wife could find a $75 off coupon to use in-store. That saved $75 off the bill right away. Without my smartphone, I would have missed that saving.
Here are some of the shopping apps I like and would recommend you to use:
- Barcode Scanner: Barcode scanner makes it super-easy to scan any barcode and find its information online. With Barcode scanner, you can scan CD/DVD, books, and other items and find their information, prices and reviews online.
[quote](Quick tip: QR code can store any information like contact details, calendar event, URL, product information or anything else. You can create a QR code for any information using some sites like Qurify.com etc.)[/quote]
- Google Shopper : Google Shopper is another great app that can give you information on any product just by taking a picture. You can also do a voice search or scan the barcode. Generally this app is reliable with CD/DVD covers and books.
- Google Goggles : As the name suggests, Google Goggles is really an interesting app. Just take a picture of any object and it will try to provide you the best possible outcome. Check out below video to know more about Google Goggles.
- Key Ring Rewards Cards: Key Ring makes you smart because you no longer have to carry all those merchant cards. Just key in the card numbers once in this app (or scan the barcode on your card) and keep your key chain light. Next time you don’t need to carry those membership cards, just scan barcode from Key Ring app on your Android Phone.
- Amazon : Search, compare prices, read reviews, and securely purchase from Amazon like you do from the web. This app can also try to find a similar product on Amazon.com. Many matches are instant; others take just a few minutes. You can even manage your entire shopping cart, place an order through this app on your Android Phone.
- eBay : Enjoy the convenience of couch shopping from this app on your Android phone. Get bidding reminders, messages and manage your items, leave feedback and do other things easily on the phone. There is a very small chance you will have to go to your PC for shopping on eBay again.
- PayPal : I included PayPal in this list because it makes it easy to make the payment of anything you buy. You can split a restaurant bill with a friend as well, make a payment with another PayPal user whether they use iPhone or Android using the secured Bump feature.
There are many other similar apps that fall in this category. Do share your favorite shopping apps with us in the comments section. And feel free to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, and other social networks.