Google Play Music Radio is like Pandora on drugs
Streaming music now a day is probably similar to what radio used to be at one time. It shouldn’t be tough to just tune-in to few songs to freshen yourself up. And you also don’t want to break a bank to be able to listen to a few songs. Right…
Well, Google just added one more choice to your list of Music streaming apps by bringing FREE ad-supported Google Play Music radio to all.
Previously, you were able to get the on-demand radio service for $9.99 per month but there was no radio option for standard users. But that’s changed now. Even non-subscribers can get customized ad-supported radio stations for free. The option to be able to upload your own 50,000 songs still remain.
Note: Google Play Music radio, ad-supported version is available only in the U.S. at present. The new free, ad-supported version of Google Play Music is available on the web today, and is rolling out this week to Android and iOS.
Google Play Music Radio is a truly a music service that offers total value for money (whether you pay or not 😉 ). The reason:
- Ability to add up to 50,000 previously owned songs that can be played anytime anywhere – No other service provides that option.
- Ability to listen to ad-supported radio stations – competition is Pandora, Spotify, Slacker and many more…
- Ability to listen to music based on mood, activities or genre. Heck, there is a separate section for kids – Only Spotify has mood-based playlists.
- Ability to buy any album and add to your growing music library.
- Ability to search and listen to any songs from a collection of millions of songs by paying a $9.99 per month subscription fees – similar to Spotify and Pandora.
At any moment in your day, Google Play Music has whatever you need music for—from working to working out, to working it on the dance floor—and gives you curated radio stations to make whatever you’re doing better. If you’re looking for something specific, you can browse the curated stations by genre, mood, decade or activity, or you can search for your favorite artist, album or song to instantly create a station of similar music.
Subscribe to Google Play Music to play without ads, take your music offline, create your own playlists, and listen to any of the 30 million songs on any device. You’ll also get ad-free, offline and background features for music videos on YouTube. And with or without a subscription, you can store and play up to 50,000 songs from your own collection for free.
What are you waiting for! Give Google Play Music another twirl and enjoy what more features the free service has to offer…
Source: Official Android Blog